Medical billing software provider Kareo raises $20.5 million in new funding to launch Kareo Billing Services and expand its sales and marketing efforts. Kareo, which serves over 6,000 customers, doubled its employee base and its revenue in 2012.
Greenway Medical Technologies unveils an interactive developer portal and extended PrimeSUITE API to facilitate the creation of apps that interoperate with the PrimeSUITE EHR/PM solution.
Grace and Mercy Health Clinic (TX) chooses iPatientCare EHR.
SRS reports a 94 percent increase in revenues from 2011 to 2012 and the addition of 56 new employees, plus an 8,000 square foot expansion to its office space.
Prince George’s County Health Department (MD) implements WebChart EHR from Medical Informatics Engineering and NoMoreClipboard PHR across 25 clinics.
Epocrates says the use of its application has helped clinicians avoid more than 27 million adverse drug events, which represents over 25 percent of all Epocrates drug lookups. Sixty percent of physicians using Epocrates report avoiding at least one adverse drug error every week.
National HIT Coordinator Farzad Mostashari, MD highlights some of ONC’s 2012 achievements, including:
- 64 percent of EPs registered for the MU program
- 33 percent of EPs received MU payments
- 132,842 primary care providers in over 31,000 practices received EHR assistance from RECs
- Over 100,000 of the REC-assisted EPs are now live on an EHR and nearly 40,000 have achieved MU
- Over 80 percent of all FQHCs were assisted by RECs.