ZeOmega integrates its Jiva population health management solution with McKesson’s InterQual Connect authorization and connectivity solution. The Plano, TX-based company has also launched the Consultant Certification Program for clinical and technical consultants who want to gain an edge in their use of Jiva.
Cerner says in its annual shareholder meeting that:
- More hospitals run its systems than anyone else’s.
- The company has 22,000 employees who are paid an average annual salary of $80,000, with an average age in the mid-30s.
- Cerner will spend $750 million on population health management R&D.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center reports positive results from its Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program, which included adoption of population health management software from Enli Health Intelligence. Outcomes included a 60-percent increase in foot exams and a 100-percent increase in Pneumovax screenings over a 12-month period.
Care Management Solutions of Louisiana and telemedicine partner Advance Telehealth Consulting Solutions select population health management software from EQHealth Solutions to help support their chronic care management program.
An informal Xerox survey of hospital executives finds that top motivations for adopting population health management programs remain the same – improved health outcomes, cost containment, and improved patient relationships. Top challenges to adoption include poor care coordination, data management and integration capabilities, and creating actionable intelligence from available data. Half of those surveyed expect to launch a population health management program within the next two years.
- EClinicalWorks will exhibit at the AAOE 2016 Annual Conference June 9-12 in San Francisco.
- Nordic will host the Qlik Healthcare Wisconsin Users Group Meeting June 9 in Madison, WI.
- ICD-10: Are We There Yet? (Medicity)
- Medical Practice Optimization Simplified, Part 2 of 5 (AdvancedMD)
- Patient Wait Times Should be Your Priority (Culbert Healthcare Solutions)
- Hospital Billing Contracts – The why, the ROI (hint: very high), and first steps (Nordic)